Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Welcome to my blog!



 


This is me! :-) I wanted to start writing about my passion; which is travel. I am picking a really unique time to start this blog about travel, as we are in the middle of a pandemic, but there isn't a better time to talk about it really.

This first one, I just wanted to briefly introduce myself and tell you my "travel" story; so you can get to know me a bit. Let's get all the judgements out of the way, LOL so we can move on and learn about  adventures and maybe spark some adventure inside of you.

My family and I moved to Yorkton in 2005 from Estevan; as my husband had made a career change. We chose Yorkton; as family was in the area and we thought it would make for an easier transition for us and our small sons. 15 years later, we do not regret our decision. Yorkton is home.

I used to tell my sons when they were younger that ultimately it would be amazing to figure out what your passion is; and how to make money doing it. I didn't know it at the time but that is what travel is for me.

I started in the travel business in early 2010, not knowing where it would lead me. I mentored under a wonderful lady (Gwyne) for 5 years. When I met her, she had already been in the travel business for 36 years, been on 50 plus cruises and was an avid traveler. I stuck to her like glue and absorbed everything she knew. As far as travel goes, there was nothing that she didn't know. I learned about the whole industry from her; what a blessing!

If you would have told me that just 5 years after starting with Vacations Yorkton that I would own it, I would have thought you were insane. Never in my wildest dreams could I imagine a future so incredible, a career where I made clients dreams come true; see the world and have so much fun. Now having said that, travel is hard work; extremely stressful and not as glamourous as one may think. (but we will get into that at a later date).

Over the last 10.5 years, I can say that I honestly do eat, sleep and breath everything travel. I have travelled extensively. Mexico, Caribbean, US, Canada, Europe... almost everywhere you can think of, With so much more of the world to see. I take pride in the education programs that I continue to take; as the business is constantly changing and I want to be ALWAYS in the know.

After a year of owning Vacations Yorkton, I took a crack at this social media thing. Facebook Live was uncharted for us; but here is the first one ever. 😆Enjoy!



The purpose of this blog, for me, is to talk about all things travel related ; or not, just talk. For those of you who know me, know that I have a lot to say, and hope you all will enjoy it.

Stay tuned!

Life is short and the world is wide!

RIP Becky Tracy 💗


No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid 19 - A look at it from a Travel Advisor's point of view. (Part 1)

This was my family March 11, 2020.... in Isla Mujeres, Mexico. I was adamant that my adult sons go on one more family trip with old mom and ...